Thursday, September 11, 2014

Introduction to New Blogger Stephanie!


by Stephanie D., Panther Blogger


My name is Stephanie and I am a senior at Ferrum College. I have studied at Ferrum for the past three years, and as I head into my fourth year, I plan to graduate with a bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice with an emphasis in Criminology and minors in sociology and accounting.  My favorite hobby is reading and my favorite book is Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight.  I have been a cheerleader for almost 13 years. I have a brother who is a sophomore at Villanova University.  My family is my support system and without them, I wouldn't be the person and student I am today.


I am involved in many things on campus.  I am a captain on the Ferrum cheerleading squad, an active sister in Theta Gamma Omega, a PAL (peer assisted learning) tutor for accounting 201, and a member of the Criminal Justice Club.  I'm from Chesapeake, Virginia and an alumni of Hickory High School.  After graduating, I plan to attend graduate school and study for a master's degree in either criminology or something related to criminal justice.  I have not decided on the school I would like to attend and I am currently studying for the GRE.




I'm also a resident assistant at Ferrum College and absolutely love my job!  I chose to attend Ferrum College because of the beautiful campus and scenery change!  Going from the beach to the mountains is something I look forward to every year.  Ferrum has changed my life and I am so thankful that I am a student here.  I have benefited very much from the small classroom sizes and the individual attention I can seek when I need it.  There are many resources for students that have helped me immensely, such as the math center and writing center.

This past summer, I studied abroad through an E-Term course and had the time of my life!  I went to Belize for 15 days and it changed my outlook on life.  I can't thank Ferrum enough for all it has prepared me for and all it has instilled in me.  I am looking forward to being able to call myself an alumna of Ferrum College and continuing to do what Ferrum has prepared me for:  going after my dreams and not settling for anything less!

No comments:

Post a Comment