Friday, November 30, 2012

My Unofficial Second Major: Time Management!


by Cari A., Panther Blogger


Something people always say about college is that it's all a struggle to manage your time effectively. Managing the limited amount of time that we have -- to figure out what to do with it and how to spend it -- is basically a major in itself.  My biggest struggle with being in college here at Ferrum is this very thing. I can't seem to say "no" to things like hanging out with friends, picking up an extra shift for someone, or taking the "classic Wal-Mart expedition."  I have felt the pressure on myself in consequence to this difficult lesson as I try to scramble to finish school work the night before, or oftentimes, just hours before it is due.

 
Over the past few days, I have really felt the weight on my shoulders. I was putting things I had committed to on the back burner of my life -- things that during my time here have made me happy and that give me an outlet to take my mind off of school. One of those things is writing these blogs; writing them just seems to melt away the stress of a busy week. It is a stress reliever that isn't graded, and I am my own judge and teacher.  I would like to thank those who made it possible for me to have this opportunity.  Thanks!

Cari

No comments:

Post a Comment