Thursday, November 13, 2014

An Introduction to New Blogger, Amanda!

by Amanda R., Panther Blogger

Hi, everyone!  My name is Amanda and I am a new member to the Panther Blog Team!  I am really excited about this new experience.  I was raised on a farm in a small town called Lawrenceville, Virginia (about an hour south of Richmond).  I graduated from Park View High School in May 2013.  At the same time as my high school graduation, I also graduated from our community college with my Associate's Degree.  While at Ferrum, I am majoring in Health and Human Performance for Physical Education with a minor in Coaching.  Because I am so involved and interested in my major, I became the secretary of our Physical Activities Club on campus.  I also play on the softball team as a pitcher and third baseman, and I plan on playing all four years I am here.



When looking into colleges, I had no idea where I wanted to attend.  Mainly, I was looking at smaller schools for softball.  After narrowing down my choices and visiting them, I knew Ferrum was my future home.  I grew up in a small, country area and Ferrum just felt like a second home to me.  The campus itself is truly beautiful in every season. Whether it's the leaves changing on the trees or the snow covering the mountains, it is always an amazing sight.

If you talk with someone from Ferrum and they tell you there is "nothing to do," it is because they are not going out and involving themselves!  There is so much to do and be involved with on campus.  With so many athletic teams and intramural sports, you can keep yourself busy!  Sports don't interest you?  Join the theater program or one of our other activity groups!  Being bored on campus is a choice you make.  When someone asks me if I made the right choice by coming to Ferrum, I always tell them I couldn't have picked a better school for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment