Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Inaugural Freshman Scholar Program, 2012

(Caitlyn was one of two students who worked on the Development of an Animal Model for the Cognitive Deficits Observed in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) project with faculty mentor Dr. Megan St. Peters during the inaugural Freshman Scholars Program in summer 2012.)

by Caitlyn N., Freshman Scholar and Guest Blogger

During the first two weeks of August, I attended the Freshman Scholar Program on campus at Ferrum College.  The program was an awesome experience. I met a lot of new people, including several professors, and I got a head start on discovering what is expected of you as a college student.  The program was a lot of work, but there was also time for fun. I was able to experience many new things, such as a high ropes course and doing lab work making an animal model.

In my opinion, the best thing about the program was getting to meet some amazing new people, such as my RA's, the other scholars, and Dr. Goff, who was the coordinator of the program. Although it was hard work and an adjustment to what I was used to in high school, I would definitely recommend other incoming freshmen to attend the program. I can't wait for move-in day and to see everyone from the class of 2016!  


No comments:

Post a Comment