Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Accepted Into the Master's Program at Virginia Tech!

by Brittany G., Panther Blogger

The last blog that I posted was about attending an Entomology Conference in Williamsburg, VA.  I had also stated that I was in contact with the Entomology Department about their master's program at Virginia Tech.  Well, the more work that you put into your school, the better the outcomes!

I have officially been offered the position to complete a field research program in Winchester this summer, as well as the following summer, where I will be researching grape root borer.  Between the summer research sessions, I will be going to Virginia Tech to complete a fully-paid master's program!  This just proves that dedication and going outside of just what it offered in classes and clubs on campus can do for your future.  Widen the views of where you want to go and where you can go, then consider everything possible.

As many professors in the science department can agree, I had planned - until May 2013 - that I wanted to continue my education at a graduate medical school, but I was offered a job through Ferrum and everything changed.  It wasn't easy, but I had to teach myself several things about what was involved in entomology and have since then accomplished more goals than I thought was possible in the matter of a year.  If the chance is there, take your smart brains off campus and teach the world because you never know who will be able to offer you something in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Great news Brittany. Your doors are just opening. Good luck! Your future is bright.

    ReplyDelete