Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving Break in America

by Chris L., Panther Blogger


Hey, Everyone!

It's been awhile since my last blog post!  My first semester at Ferrum is almost over and I can hardly believe it.  It has passed by so quickly!  Two more weeks and I will be back in Northern Ireland.  I must say I am looking forward to going home to my family and having some good Irish food!

Over the past 3 months I have been at Ferrum, my mother has been sending me little parcels with goodies from home to keep my spirits up!

November has been a very busy month with lots of assignments due in and this has kept me occupied. The weather is a lot more enjoyable for me personally mainly because it's not as hot anymore and I am used to the cold temperatures because it is similar to the weather back home!


I wanted to do some traveling while I stayed in America, so for Thanksgiving week, I went to Washington and New York. This was an unbelievable experience and it did not disappoint!  We did get lost a couple of times, but it was all part of the fun!  It's hard to say what my favourite moment was, but what I will never forget is:
  1. Standing in Times Square on Black Friday and realising what a crazy place I was in and that the city literally does not sleep.
  2. Seeing the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. I had heard all about it at home and seen it on TV, but it was brilliant to see it in person.
  3. The view from the Empire State building at day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment