Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ferrum, My Second Home

BY VANESSA, PANTHER BLOGGER

When I think about Ferrum, I think about the place I have called home for the past four years. Coming in as a freshman in the fall of 2008, I really had no idea what to expect from this community. Many of my friends and family from home would say, “You’re going to Ferrum? That’s in the middle of nowhere!” But once I arrived here, I begged to differ. Ferrum is in the middle of nature’s beauty, surrounded by mountains, trees, lake, animals, and that good “home” feeling. You sure don’t find that kind of beauty just anywhere.

To me, the Ferrum Community means those who have not only lived here all their lives but those who have contributed to the developments of this small town we call home. Ferrum, to me, has always been a place that I could come back to and relax. I knew that I could get my work done here and be able to enjoy the company of my friends without having to be in a big city. Everyone that lives in Ferrum has been so caring and good-hearted. It’s amazing how you can get a smile and a wave from just about anyone you pass by on the road or in a grocery store. The community is built from its residents, students, staff and faculty members, Greek life, organizations, and sports. I took every opportunity that I could to be a part of this community, and I’m definitely going to miss this place once I graduate in May! ☹

Pictured above is the international sorority I’ve been a part of – my sisters of Delta Phi Epsilon! Go Unicorns!
My second family – my girls – the Women’s Lacrosse Team at the NCAA Division III USA South Conference Tournament!
And one last hurrah before I graduate this weekend: the girls on the Women’s Lacrosse team and I made our own video version of “Call Me Maybe.” Go Panthers!

No comments:

Post a Comment