Friday, May 11, 2012

Off to Belize!

BY CALEB, PANTHER BLOGGER

Hey y’all, I’m writing this short blog post as I take a small break from packing. No, I’m not packing to go home for the summer, but instead I’m getting ready to go to Belize! Belize is a country located next to the southern tip of Mexico, on the north eastern coast of Central America – next to the Caribbean Sea. I’m taking the Tropical Rain Forest and Marine Ecology course for my E-term.

Now I’m sure some of y’all are asking what is an E-term? Well an E-term is a class that you have to take before you can graduate from Ferrum; it’s only three weeks long, but you get the opportunity to do something that you normally don’t get to do. I chose the Belize trip because first, I mean, who doesn’t want to go the rain forest and white sandy beaches? And second, we get to do research in the middle of the jungle! How cool is that?

Now I know that this trip is sounding more and more like a vacation, but honestly, we will be working hard with students from Virginia Tech and also Belize University. I really can’t wait to get there! I hope all of y’all are looking forward to summer and graduation and all that comes with the end of the school year. I hope all y’all have a great and safe summer!

Caleb

No comments:

Post a Comment