Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Our 1st Soccer Game

by Maryann C., Panther Blogger

The first game for the Ferrum College women's soccer team was against Randolph College on Friday, August 31. Being that it was the first game of the season, there were a lot of nerves between myself and the other girls on the team. We had worked hard during an intense two weeks of pre-season practice, and though I can't speak for the rest of the team, I know I was ready to play.

The girls who played worked hard throughout the game. Some of the girls even had to play the entire 90 minutes and they played very well. In spite of all the girls' hard work, the end result was not what we had hoped for. We lost 3-2 during overtime, but no one on the team seemed upset or mad about the end result. We took the game as a learning experience. It was our first game, after all, and it gave us a chance to see where we are as a team and what we need to work on. I am looking forward to a great season and I am sure the rest of the team is as well. Things are already starting to look up from the first game because we played again on Sunday, September 2 against Hollins and won 4-3!


No comments:

Post a Comment