Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Out of My Comfort Zone

(Ajarah was one of two students who worked on the Institutional Readiness for Online Education project with faculty mentor Dr. Karl Roeper during the inaugural Freshman Scholars Program in summer 2012.)

by Ajarah N., Freshman Scholar and Guest Blogger

The whole time I was at the Freshman Scholars Program, we did many events that I would have never done at home. When we went to climb the rock wall, I surprised myself by climbing it. I am so afraid of heights, but I still decided to repel off of the rock wall. I was excited as I was climbing up the ladder, but when I got up there, I wanted to turn around. Everyone up there kept encouraging me to just try it, so I did. While I was leaning back about to repel, all I kept saying was "I'm going to die!"  Then I let go and started easing my way down. I was so excited at what I had accomplished.

The Freshman Scholars Program helped me get out of my comfort zone and do things I never thought I would do in a million years!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment