Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Returning "Home" to Ferrum

by Cari A., Panther Blogger

While on Thanksgiving break a couple of weeks ago, I had fun with my family and enjoyed being home with other friends I hadn't seen in awhile. Despite being home surrounded by my family and friends, I sincerely missed my home here at Ferrum -- a life that I created for myself, a place that I call home, and a family I am luck to have around me.

I have come to realize just how blessed I am to be in a dorm building surrounded by a great group of girls. Though I only know a select group of them, it's great to know that just outside my little corner room of Bassett, I have someone to hang out with or go grab dinner with. I don't want to brag, but I have the best RAs on campus I could have ever asked for!  For all of those who know how I am and know how much I love to have fun, it may come as a big surprise that I have not been written up yet despite all the bets against me in the beginning of the year.

Even though my home in Salem is my physical address and a place I will always return to in the end, God has graced me for the past 100 days to call this place my home and safe haven. Just to know that people are constantly around campus that I haven't met yet inspires me to continue to branch out and meet more of my Ferrum community.

No comments:

Post a Comment