Monday, October 1, 2012

Greetings from a New Panther Blogger!

by Keenan L., Panther Blogger

Hello! My name is Keenan, and I am currently a senior here at Ferrum College. I am originally from Hagerstown, Maryland and graduated from North Hagerstown High School. I am an only child on my mother's side of the family and the youngest of 7 on my father's side. I am extremely close to my mother, and she is one of the most inspirational people in my life. My short-term goal is to graduate from college, and my long-term goal is ultimately to teach in an elementary school either in Maryland or Virginia.

I found out about Ferrum through a phone call during my senior year in high school. Ferrum contacted me about 3 times a month and also sent me a birthday card when I turned 18. When I received the birthday card, I was super excited because I never had colleges or universities send me something so personal, which showed me that Ferrum cares about their students. Ferrum became my first choice of schools because everyone I talked to was super nice and very caring. I applied to Ferrum and got accepted! After getting accepted, I met one of the nicest people who helped me get through the process of getting all the important paperwork completed and turned in on time. I owe a lot of my freshman year accomplishments to Mr. Jason Byrd, who helped me a lot. Without him, I think I would have been lost!

I love the culture and atmosphere around Ferrum. Coming from a place about the size of Roanoke, Ferrum was a little different for me. I love the people around the area. Everyone is very nice and are ready to help you whenever you need it. Ferrum also has a very pretty campus. I love the beginning of fall around the campus because it is just BEAUTIFUL!  I would definitely recommend Ferrum to other students because it is one of the best places you will ever go. My favorite memory here at Ferrum has been the past Homecomings. My friends and I have had the best time at the sporting events that have been offered on campus.

Last year's Homecoming (2011) - can't wait until this year's!

Ferrum has been very beneficial in preparing me for the future. I have been lucky to be able to be a part of the wonderful education department. The education program has helped me learn the fundamentals of being a teacher! Currently, on campus, I am a Resident Assistant in Bassett Hall, the treasurer for Student Government Association, and a member of Resident Hall Association (RHA).

I am looking forward to talking to everyone!  Feel free to contact me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment