Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Taking Online Classes

by Victoria B., Panther Blogger

During your college years, you will have the opportunity to take online classes. Some people do not like these classes because feel they learn better in a classroom environment. I personally like online classes because I think they give me more free time! It gives you more responsibility because you have to do all of your homework and assignments without relying on your teacher to lecture you the material.

In most lecture classes, students do not take the time to read their textbooks for class. In online classes, you have to and I think that it makes you feel more obligated to actually learn the material. Online classes are for students who are mature enough to handle the responsibility of learning the material for the class by themselves.  Even with the responsibility of taking online classes, there are some rewards. For example, you will spend less time in a classroom during the week. This semester, I took advantage of this and only have one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays because of it. I recommend taking online classes to anyone who feels that they will be successful in them.

The online class that I am currently taking is State and Local Government with Dr. Hally. I chose to take this class online so that I could keep my Tuesdays and Thursdays less busy because I have four classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I also like to limit my Tuesday/Thursday classes because they last for an hour and twenty minutes and I prefer to have shorter classes.  The extra time that my online class allows me to have outside of the classroom lets me have time to get homework for my other classes done. In Dr. Hally's class, we are required to do one reading response or discussion board per week to show what we have learned from the reading. As long as you have read the material and applied yourself, you will do well in class. I hope to take more online classes in my future semesters at Ferrum!

No comments:

Post a Comment