Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

by Laken P., Panther Blogger

Fall has always been a favorite season of mine for many reasons, but since experiencing it in true Ferrum fashion, it is clear that it seems to be a favorite of almost everyone. There is always something to do on campus and the location of campus makes it a prime example of the beauty in God’s work.

Fall brings one of the most anticipated events on campus: Fall Break. Between all of my extra-curricular activities and honors classes, the stress of adjusting to college life can sometimes be overwhelming. I was very appreciative for the break where I was able to go back home for a few days. Getting the opportunity to see family, friends, pets, and eat at hometown restaurants on top of having a break from classes was more than welcomed. I enjoyed being home for a few days, but at the same time I missed my new friends that I have grown close to in my first two months on campus. Now that Fall Break is over, it is time to get back into the middle of all the beauty and activity that Ferrum has to offer this time of year.

Being a student athlete and a sports fan, fall is the perfect season for me. Football is in its prime, meaning that there is plenty of school spirit radiating across the campus nearly every weekend. While our boys are continuing on in search of a championship, the rest of the fall sports are wrapping up their seasons and making their way to playoff games. The winter sports teams are beginning to practice and prepare for the upcoming season, which is sure to bring continuous success to the athletic department this year.

Cheerleading pumkin-carving contest!

Not only are athletics in full swing, but so are the fall-themed activities. From the pumpkin carving contests to the Halloween parties and costume events, these days are very busy with scheduled campus events. Take a glance into a student planner and you will quickly find that the falling leaves are not the only sign that the fall season has arrived. There are so many events, seminars, and games to choose from that boredom is simply not possible in the upcoming weeks.

It is hard to believe that the semester is more than half over already. I can now successfully say that I survived my first midterm week, and however hard it is to believe, I am 1/10th of the way through with my undergraduate career! Time is flying by, but I am loving every minute of it. Ferrum has definitely grown on me, and the fall backdrop has only increased my love and Panther Pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment