Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Opportunities!

by Delana S., Panther Blogger

This past week was been an interesting one. I was honored at the Women's Leadership Conference for my leadership, was accepted to be in Phi Alpha Theta, and have the opportunity to apply for an internship in Washington D.C.  To have all of these opportunities means a lot to me because I have the chance to show who I am and also create a future for myself that I am actively choosing and taking part in.

Phi Alpha Theta is the international honor society in history, and you have to be invited to join. For me, this is really big because it is starting to show how involved I am with my studies and how that is making a difference in my life. I am very excited about this!

I am also excited for the internship that I am applying for because by participating in that program, I would be able to work within my major and meet experts in the field. It would give me a good glimpse into many different fields of study that I am interested in and allow me to network with future employers.

Other than that, the only things that take up a lot of my time are finishing my degree plan, which is my plan for graduating on time, and doing homework for all of my classes. Things seem to be getting more promising for the upcoming weeks, so I can't wait to see what is in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment