Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hello from a New Panther Blogger!

by Delana S., Panther Blogger

Hi!  My name is Delana, and I am from Virginia Beach.  I am currently a first semester Junior, but this is my sophomore year at Ferrum College.  I am double-majoring in International Studies and Spanish. I also minor in History, Journalism, and am obtaining my Global Perspectives Certificate.  I am involved with multiple clubs and organizations here on campus, and it may seem like a lot, but I do have free time every day to hang out with my friends. I am a very optimistic individual who loves traveling and going with the flow of the day. When it comes to goals...I have a lot of them, but they do change daily based off of the direction that I see my life going in.

When I was first looking at different colleges, I decided that I wanted to attend Ohio State, George Mason, or Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU).  I had never heard of Ferrum College before, but that changed when they called me and talked to me about the school. By this time, I had started to receive some of my letters from the three schools and didn't want to apply to Ferrum, but I decided I would see how I felt after I visited the campus.  To my surprise, I fell in love.  I love the fact that the campus is small because I really get to meet new people and what makes it funny is the fact that I still meet new people every day!  I love how beautiful the sunsets are in the fall, how the leaves change color, and the festivals that take place. To me, Ferrum is another home, which makes me love being here even more each day.



Another big reason why I love this school is the fact that I have the opportunity to do everything that I want to do and all my teachers know who each of their students are and how they think.  I know for a fact that everything that I am doing now would not be easy to do at a bigger school, so why not make the most of what I have here?  I would recommend this school to anyone because Ferrum is a close-knit community and you all feel like a family no matter who you are talking to. Plus, everyone looks out for each other and will help you out when you need it the most.

I would have to say that coming here was one of the best decisions that I made regarding my future because with everything that I am doing at Ferrum, my chances of getting an internship in a field of my study are very high. Plus, my professors, as well as other staff members that I know, are helping me as well. I do not know what the future holds for me, but I am ready for it all.


1 comment: