Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Beginning of the End

by Blake S., Panther Blogger

It is almost impossible to believe that my senior year at Ferrum has finally arrived!  Although I transferred into Ferrum College as a junior and I knew that my time here would be limited to a total of only two years, it seems like I have been a part of the Ferrum College family for a very long time. Within the year that I have spent here so far, I have learned such a great amount of knowledge and have been granted so many opportunities that I still find it hard to believe!

Thus far in my final fall semester as an undergraduate, I have taken on two new duties alongside being a student. These include being a resident assistant and an organic chemistry tutor.  These are excellent opportunities that will aid me in the development of my resume and graduate school applications while also providing me with a unique experience and a nice paycheck!

Getting ready for the Homecoming game!
Picking out some Halloween costumes!
The classes this semester have been a new challenge in themselves, now being higher level courses.  However, no matter how tough the classes become, I am always able to manage time to sit back, relax, and enjoy time with friends.  A few of the activities that I have participated in lately have included going to the homecoming football game, participating in the Ferrum College centennial activities, and traveling to Roanoke to enjoy time away from campus.

It is an exciting time in my life to know that I am almost about to complete this very challenging and crucial stage in my life.  I am anxiously awaiting the day on which I will be able to walk across the stage and receive that piece of paper that encompasses all of the accomplishments that I have achieved since I have been here at Ferrum College.


No comments:

Post a Comment