Monday, April 28, 2014

Break Time!

by Blake S., Panther Blogger

My sisters and I at the South Holston Lake Dam
One of my most favorite parts about being a college student is being able to go home and see my family over breaks. Although it is a great experience to move away from home to attend college and gain some skills associated with responsibility, it is always nice to get to travel home and see the ones that you love. For me, I always look forward to going home and spending time with my sisters.

View from the top of the South Holston Lake Dam

Every week before a break begins, my sisters and I plan out the activities that we want to do.  Our recent Easter break was a blast, and my sisters and I did a number of different things. These included going hiking on a park trial, going to the movies, and driving to the South Holston Dam in Tennessee to spend the evening. Although it was a short break, it was worth every moment, and I will remember every moment because of how enjoyable it was!

As graduation approaches, I get more and more excited for the time that I will be able to spend with my family on a daily basis, rather than seeing them only once a month. However, I am also starting to wonder what it will be like when I move away from my friends and the professors that I have become close with over the past two years. I can easily say that I will be sad to leave Ferrum College and all of the memories that I have made here, but I am also thrilled for the new ones that I will be making when I move back home.

Our family pet, Levi (A.K.A. Tinkey Winkey),
sleeping in one of my hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment