Friday, April 11, 2014

The Art Department at Ferrum

by Dannica B., Panther Blogger

Working in the Art Department has been a pleasure.  I've only had one class in the art studio so far, but it has been a great experience.  The art studio is located in the bottom of the chapel.  There are numerous classrooms available in the studio that provide many materials in order to help students succeed in different art classes. 

This semester, I have worked in the main art classroom, which is mainly used for simple art.  I have done many art projects this semester; we've had a project due at least every two weeks and sometimes every week.  The first project we ever did was a graphing project. Two other students and I made a Nike sneaker out of string and pins on a larger scale. It's difficult to explain, but here is a picture of it.

The "Nike Shoe Scaling Project"
View of my Picasso project
We have studied so many artists, and we have attempted to create some of their work.  From Picasso to Andy Warhol, from using construction paper to pastels, working in the art department has been so exhilarating!  It has really opened up my eyes and has made me a better artist.  I have learned so many different ways of creating artwork and making my artwork significantly better thanks to the wonderful art instructors we have at Ferrum College.

This is one of my favorite pictures
because it shows how much time and
hard work is put into art.  This is only
HALF of the colored pencil shavings
left over from my Picasso project!

No comments:

Post a Comment