Thursday, April 17, 2014

Opportunities and Hard Work Pay Off!

by Paige R., Panther Blogger 


Over the past week and a half, I’ve been honored to receive recognition for my academic and extracurricular endeavors at Ferrum College. At the beginning of last week, I received the Minds-in-Medicine pin, a Lions mug, and Lions Branch Club certificate.

On Friday at Ferrum’s Academic Awards Ceremony, I received the award for Outstanding Student in the School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics as well as the Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award.

With Dr. Goff for the Minds-n-Medicine Club Award
With Dr. Braaten for the Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award


With Dr. Braaten for the NSM Award
At the SGA Awards Banquet earlier this week, the Minds-N-Medicine Club (a club in which I’ve served as president for the past school year) was awarded Club of the Year for 2013-2014.  Yesterday, I learned that an article I co-wrote with a Ferrum professor was listed as one of the top articles for the journal in 2013!

Thank you to my wonderful professors, the faculty and staff, my friends, and my family who made all of this possible. It becomes clearer to me every day that I picked the best school possible to call home for three years. The opportunities I’ve had at Ferrum College would not have been possible at another institution. Thank you so much to everyone who has made my time at Ferrum superb! 

No comments:

Post a Comment