Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Ferrum College Found Me - An Introduction to New Blogger Rebecca!

by Rebecca M., Panther Blogger

Hey everyone!  My name is Rebecca and I am currently a junior at Ferrum College.  I am a Liberal Arts major and am double-minoring in Elementary Education and Criminal Justice.  I'm from Richmond, Virginia.

I went to a small high school, so I wanted a college in which I felt like I was a student and not just an identification number.  I looked at a variety of different colleges and was not really sure that any of them were for me. I got a call from the Ferrum Admissions office about a potential scholarship offer. When I had applied to Ferrum, I had never even heard of it. After looking into Ferrum College, I decided I needed to come and check it out. After coming for a visit, I fell in LOVE with Ferrum and it was exactly what I was looking for!

After switching my major for the fourth...or fifth time, I decided that Elementary Education was the right major for me.  One of the things I love about Ferrum is that with every education class, there is an internship involved.  I am able to get into the classroom and see first-hand what it is like to be a teacher as well as how much education has changed since I was in elementary school.

I am involved in a few activities on campus as well. I am in the Scholars in Residence Program, which requires having a certain GPA and attending one educational or community service event each month.  I also have a work-study job and am a freshman seminar mentor, and an orientation team member (I was an O-Team Captain last year).

As I always say to my friends:  Bye for now, be safe, and make good choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment