Friday, February 7, 2014

Chilling Out and Having Fun!

by Blake S., Panther Blogger

Since the beginning of this Spring semester, I have set a goal to relax a little more and spend some quality time with my friends here at Ferrum College.  Fortunately, this semester's course load has been considerably easier and more enjoyable than some of my past semesters.  This is perhaps due to most of my classes focusing on my minors, which are chemistry and forensic science, both of which I find to be fascinating.  Since I am able to thoroughly enjoy my classes and the assigned work for them, I have been able to budget a little more of my time to having fun!

We have already been able to enjoy a great number of activities here on campus this semester, all of which were free!  A few of the things that we have done include going to the bowling alley, having movie and game nights with friends, and (my personal favorite) glow-in-the-dark dodgeball! 

Taking a break from the competition at the Black Light
Dodgeball Tournament
Enjoying the snow at Ferrum College!
The glow in the dark dodgeball was an event put on by the campus in which students were able to form teams and compete in a dodgeball tournament..all of which was under black lights.  We had a great time going up against other teams, and our team came in 4th place out of a total of 12 teams!  Not too shabby, if you ask me! 

I am excited for the other events that are coming up here on the Ferrum College campus, and in fact, we have another free bowling event coming up soon.  Being able to participate in the free events that are put on by the campus and spending time with my friends are definitely some of my favorite things about being a student at Ferrum College!

No comments:

Post a Comment