Thursday, February 20, 2014

Snow Days Welcomed!

by Sam B., Panther Blogger

The amount of snow that Ferrum received was certainly a shock.  News reports during the weeks before the actual storm continued to change the dates that it was supposed to hit, so no one actually knew when it would come.  I guess that's why no one was prepared for it.  Fortunately for me, I have seen that much snow before.  A lot of my friends, however, had not.  Over the two days that we were out of school, my friends and I had a multitude of snowball fights, we wrestled in the snow, and we went around destroying snowmen.  People we didn't even know started some of the snowball fights!  That made the fights even better!



This unscheduled break from classes could not have come at a better time. Midterms are rapidly approaching and it was great to have a chance to blow off some steam and relieve some stress. Even though we had to work harder in the beginning of this week to catch up, it was totally worth it. On Friday evening, I helped a couple of my friends get their cars out of the snow since they had never driven in it.  Being from Floyd County, I've had to brave the weather for the three years that I've been driving. On Friday evening, I was even able to leave Ferrum and make it back to Floyd!

No comments:

Post a Comment