Monday, April 23, 2012

My Adventures in Spain!

BY VANESSA, PANTHER BLOGGER

Thanks to my Ferrum Spanish professor, Dr. Suppes, I applied and got accepted into Spanish program at the University of Alicante. When I studied abroad in Spain for a month this past summer, I had many adventures and the time of my life! As I said in one of my previous posts, I went with the Center of Cross-Cultural Studies and was able to meet other study-abroad students from different colleges and universities. Below are some more photos I took while in Spain.


This is a picture of me and classmates in our Gastronomy Class! 

We were able to go a restaurant in Alicante and learn to cook typical dishes from Spain. I learned how to make “Tortilla de Patata.” I’m sure you all know what a tortilla is! Well, this dish is made up of potatoes, onions, and eggs. It’s delicious. Then there is “Paella,” which is a rise-based dish; you can make Paella with meat, chicken, or fish. “Tapas” are finger foods. It’s a slice of bread with chicken, beef, pork, vegetables or pretty much anything you want on it.


Me, slicing some tomatoes…I am quite the chef!


The real Chef cooking Paella! YUM!


Benidorm, Spain – one of the many towns I visited in Spain.
It’s in the province of Alicante and has AMAZING Beaches. It was, by far, my favorite!


Me in front of the Cathedral in Valencia: it was absolutely beautiful. 
Valencia was rich in culture!


Photo of my friends and I on the public bus that we had to take each day to go to the university. It was our last day of classes, and we thankfully had the bus all to ourselves! Bittersweet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment