Friday, September 20, 2013

A Great Program for Incoming Freshmen!

(Jessica worked on the Population Density and Habitat Use of The Southern Flying Squirrel project with faculty mentor Dr. Todd Fredericksen during the 2nd annual Freshman Scholars Program in summer 2013.)

by Jessica, Freshman Scholar and Guest Blogger

The most important thing about the Freshman Scholars Program for me was to make friends, and I have certainly made five of the best friends anyone could ask for!  Everything about this college, this program, and the faculty are all just so welcoming and inviting.

I had so much fun working on my project with Dr. Fredericksen. He knows so much about everything. All of the professors, as a matter of fact, know so much about everything!  They are incredibly smart.  I love the fact that I was able to come to the Freshman Scholars Program and get to work with Dr. Fredericksen and the others one-on-one.  When I walked into a classroom on the first day of classes and saw one of their faces, I was able to sigh in relief at seeing a familiar face.

I had a lot of fun working with my friends on the low ropes and high ropes courses.  You might be panicking at the top of the high ropes course when you hear your friends cheering for you, telling you how to make it across, and when you get to the other side, you look down at them to see them smiling from ear to ear.  All around, I had an amazing time in the program and I would recommend any new freshman here to apply for this program!


No comments:

Post a Comment