Monday, September 30, 2013

Hello from New Panther Blogger Paige!

by Paige R., Panther Blogger

My name is Paige. I am a senior at Ferrum College majoring in Pre-Professional Science and Biology and minoring in Chemistry.  I am also a member of the college's Boone Honors Program. This is my third year at Ferrum and I wouldn't change any of my experiences at this amazing school!  When I graduate from Ferrum in May 2014, I hope to go to graduate school and eventually into the medical field.

I found out about Ferrum when the Admissions Office called my home during my senior year in high school. I had heard of the college before, but at the time, it wasn't one of the schools that I was considering.  After I learned about the numerous scholarships that I was eligible to receive through Ferrum, I came to campus for a visit. Once I visited campus for the first time, I knew that this beautiful community setting was right for me!

Three years later, I still know that I made the right decision. My favorite thing about Ferrum is the one-on-one attention that students have with their professors. I can always go to my professors for extra help with lecture material or homework.  I have many friends who go to larger colleges where their professors do not know them by name or even recognize them outside of the classroom.  I'm so glad that this would never be the case at Ferrum!

Ferrum is not located in a large city or town, so as a student, it is important to find things to do on campus.  As faculty, staff, and students commonly say - boredom is a choice here because of all the clubs and activities on campus. I am president of the Minds-n-Medicine Club, president of the College Republicans Club, and treasurer of the Lions Branch Club.  I am also a member of two honor societies on campus:  Tri Beta and Alpha Chi.  These clubs were originally a way for me to get involved on campus; through these clubs, however, I have developed the best friendships and relationships with faculty that I could ever hope for!  I am an Admissions Ambassador as well, and I give tours on some Saturdays during the semester.  Maybe I will see you on campus sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment