Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Greetings from Vanessa!


BY VANESSA, A PANTHER BLOGGER 


My name is Vanessa and I’m from Burke, Virginia (Fairfax County area). I’m a senior at Ferrum College majoring in Spanish and double minoring in English and Journalism. Many of friends would say that I’m outgoing, charismatic and easy to get along with, and I like to think I’m like that too. : )  I love traveling and being able to take some time to myself and read a good book. I’m looking forward to graduation this May, and I am looking forward to hopefully getting an internship this summer at C-SPAN so that I’m able to further my experience in the media communications field.

I found out about Ferrum College during my senior year in high school when I received a pamphlet in the mail. I first wondered where Ferrum was, and I was interested in what they had to offer. I did some research and came to discover its location and what things were nearby. Being from the city, I knew that this would be a big change for me. But once I was here and saw the mountains, the campus, and everything around it, I was sold. I then found out what the school had to offer academically. Ferrum has a variety of majors and minors. They also had study abroad options that I was really interested in.

A captain on the lacrosse team
I feel as though anyone is able to love Ferrum as much as I do. If you get involved in clubs and organizations, then you’ll always be busy and have something to do. Ferrum is like home. Everyone is so friendly and caring here….it’s something you can’t find in just any school. Small colleges like Ferrum offer you the attention that you need to succeed in your future. Being able to just go to my professor’s office and talk about an assignment or questions about lectures without having to wait for days is awesome. It helps you prepare for assignments in a detailed and prepared manner, which is a good habit to have for the future.

I have loved being a part of the Ferrum College Women’s Lacrosse Team. I have been a part of the team since freshman year and have recently been named captain along with two other seniors on the team. I’m also involved in our first international sorority on campus, Delta Phi Epsilon, and I’m the News Editor for the Iron Blade, Ferrum’s newspaper.

I definitely have to say that the greatest memory I have made at Ferrum thus far would have to be the friends I have made throughout the years, not only with students but also with faculty members!

No comments:

Post a Comment