Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Greetings from Ferrum College Student Blogger, Victoria!

BY VICTORIA, A PANTHER BLOGGER 


I am Victoria and I am a sophomore at Ferrum College. I am studying criminal justice as my major with minors in psychology and sociology. I would like to use my education in these fields to eventually work in the federal law system.

I come from a small town called Claudville, Virginia which is about an hour south of Ferrum. One of the main reasons that I chose to attend Ferrum College is that it was close to my hometown and was also the same type of setting that I was raised in. I found out about Ferrum through one of my friends who is currently a junior at the college. She told me about Ferrum and invited me to visit it for a weekend, and I knew from that point that Ferrum was the college for me.

I love the atmosphere and beautiful scenery around the Ferrum College campus. I also liked that it is a small school, which means that it is easier for professors to interact and help the students in their classes. The professors at Ferrum College have been more than helpful to me in making important decisions about my future and with simple tasks, such as helping with an assignment. Professors here are always willing to help students with anything that they need and to offer suggestions to students on how they can improve their work.

In addition to attending classes at Ferrum, I am also a student ambassador and a very active member of the Criminal Justice Club. The Criminal Justice Club, along with my classes, has provided me with many useful connections with people that could help me to get a job after I graduate. The club and classes have also helped me gain a lot of knowledge and experience about the criminal justice field. I believe that Ferrum College is doing a great job at preparing me for my future while also offering me many opportunities to be involved in campus and community activities. Ferrum College has provided me with many memories of spending time with new friends that will last a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment